Top 15 Best Niches for Affiliate Marketing
To give you a better idea of how to pick a niche, we researched current trends and profitable affiliate marketing niches by comparing various affiliate program websites and blogs.
We will cover some popular niches a beginner affiliate marketer can start with, including hobby niches and specific ones that may require additional expertise.
Considering the benefits, competition, and statistics, here is our list of the best affiliate marketing niches you can choose from.
Fashion is considered a mainstream niche, yet it offers several sub-niches, meaning there are many opportunities for you to explore. For example, you can write about vintage dresses and accessories on your website while still including fashion as your primary focus. Another way is to target one smaller niche with a high volume and only focus on promoting products in that specific category.
Fashion is an excellent option as there’s always a demand for fashionable products, and trends change rapidly. You can easily learn what people are looking for to keep up with the current trends through social media. What’s more, trends can help you plan your content and define specific target markets.
From luxury items to local brands, there are many lucrative fashion affiliate programs you can join. If you’re trying to break into luxury fashion, some of the best examples include NET-A-PORTER, with commissions up to 6% per product, and Nordstrom, with a negotiable 1%-11% commission. Meanwhile, you can try ShopStyle and NewChic, which offer 20% and 50% commission, respectively.
However, promoting fashion products is not a straightforward process. You will need a good sense of style to create your signature look that attracts potential customers to click your links and buy the products.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 1,600,000
- Top countries – India, United States, Romania, Indonesia, United Kingdom
- Traffic potential – 3,500,000
- Clicks – 129,000
- Competition is high as there are a lot of up-and-coming fashion labels out there, so you must conduct proper research before starting with the fashion affiliate niche
The travel industry has suffered from the pandemic in the past two years due to safety measures and restrictions. However, the industry is slowly recovering, and many predict it will rise quickly once the situation improves. Therefore, the travel industry will be a perfect affiliate niche once more in the near future.
You can even start becoming an affiliate now, as international events and business trips are still happening despite the circumstances. There’s also a possibility to promote luxury products considering the potential customer segments.
Cover some popular topics like staycation, workation, or city tours by writing reviews or tips on your website. Also, try promoting local destinations in your area through social media to engage with potential customers and generate more traffic to your website. A good content marketing strategy may land you to travel business partnerships.
Online global travel agencies such as Booking.com have an affiliate marketing program with high commission rates of up to 34%. Also, if you want to target Asian-based markets, you can try joining Klook’s affiliate marketing program.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 867,000
- Top countries – United States, United Kingdom, India, Indonesia, Philippines
- Traffic potential – 33,000
- Clicks – 147,000
- The travel niche may fluctuate since nobody can predict how the current situation will be handled in the short term
Technology is a growing industry, and there will always be something new to explore. Moreover, digitalization is accelerating faster due to the pandemic, resulting in new requirements for popular apps and software to support remote work and online business.
Additionally, internet users worldwide reached 5 billion in 2022. With such a large market, you can cover topics like web hosting, mobile apps, or editing software reviews on your website. Video reviews are also popular if gadgets and devices are more your areas of expertise.
There are options for profitable tech affiliate marketing programs you can choose from, such as Impact and Rakuten. Also, you can try affiliate programs from Semrush, Microsoft, and WordPress, which most people are familiar with.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 745,000
- Top countries – India, United States, Philippines, United Kingdom, South Africa
- Traffic potential – 3,800
- Clicks – 93,000
- You will need excellent technical knowledge and a higher budget to create impactful promotions within the technology niche
Education makes a profitable affiliate marketing niche, considering the high demand for several online courses due to the pandemic. According to research, the global eLearning market is expected to grow to 400 billion by 2026. With its growth, education affiliate marketing programs have also become popular among online coaches.
What’s good about education affiliate marketing is that you don’t need an educator background to promote educational products. However, it is highly recommended that you understand and have expertise in the education niche to avoid common affiliate marketing mistakes.
You can promote books, stationeries, or online education on your website. For example, there are various courses, such as digital marketing boot camps, coding classes for kids, and writing workshops. Coursera also offers an affiliate program with a commission of up to 45% per referral.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 1,400,000
- Top countries – India, United States, Philippines
- Traffic potential – 112,000
- Clicks – 38,000
- You will need to have expertise in some education sub-niches
The gaming industry is predicted to generate more than $250,000 in 2025, making it a lucrative affiliate marketing niche. With gaming, it’s possible to target customers from different age groups or segments due to the variety of genres and consoles available.
The gaming niche is scalable as well. eSport tournaments are very popular nowadays, expanding into a more professional field. There are a lot of opportunities to improve your affiliate marketing strategy when you have gaming expertise.
Gaming influencers are also popular on YouTube, making real profits from their content. People will look to influencers for personal recommendations before buying a new console or video game.
Some popular gaming topics you can try are PC or console-exclusive game reviews and gaming equipment and accessories. Capture playthroughs or create video tutorials for games you’re good at.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 632,000
- Top countries – United States, India, Germany, United Kingdom, France
- Traffic potential – 9.500
- Clicks – 51,000
- Opportunities might be limited to technology or gaming-related companies in the affiliate marketing business only
6. Home Decor
Home decor is a fun, growing, and profitable affiliate marketing niche. Its market value is forecast to increase by 20% and reach $202 billion in 2024. You might consider this niche if you love decorating as a hobby but also want to make money online.
People are always looking for ways to create a comfortable home environment. Nowadays, we spend even more time at home, and more people work from home entirely. Therefore, decorating our homes is essential for a work-friendly environment and ambiance.
Also, others might want to add unique aesthetics through a themed decor for their property. Home decor is a high-demand niche, whether it’s for productivity purposes or aesthetics.
Home decor has various sub-niches, such as minimalist homes, Victorian-based house decor, and luxury homes. Some strategies you can use include home product reviews, home decor tips, and room decor inspirations. You can also try to generate more traffic through guest posting.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 439,000
- Top countries – United States, India, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia
- Traffic potential – 57,000
- Clicks – 173,000
- Carefully planning interior design ideas can be time-consuming and might require a higher budget to carry out some of those ideas yourself
7. Health and Wellness
Health niche is an evergreen affiliate marketing vertical. As important as it is to improve health awareness, people are looking for information online about preventing diseases, building a better physique, and developing wellness habits.
The global health and wellness market value is forecast to reach $7 trillion by 2025, making it a profitable affiliate marketing niche. Smaller niches like vitamin supplements and exercise routines record high search volume, providing even more opportunities to start an affiliate marketing program in the health and wellness niche.
You can target performing sub-niches by writing tips, reviews, and link to health affiliate products on your website. However, trends in health and wellness will keep changing. Therefore, choosing a sub-niche that will last despite uncertain conditions is essential.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 767,000 (“health”), 502,000 (“wellness”)
- Top countries – India, United States, Philippines, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Czech Republic
- Traffic potential – 18,000 (“health”), 5,300 (“wellness”)
- Clicks – 74,000 (“health”), 31,000 (“wellness”)
- While it’s one of the most lucrative affiliate marketing niches, you will need sufficient expertise to give medical advice online
There are a large variety of ways to manage money online nowadays, so many are learning about tools and services to build their wealth. People have increasingly gotten more involved in stock trading and cryptocurrencies in the past few years, and the investment niche is still trending.
However, it takes unique skills to maintain assets and make a profit. Therefore, this gap can be an excellent opportunity for affiliate marketing.
Finance is quite complex, and there will be a learning curve before someone can apply their knowledge and skills to make money online. If you have financial expertise and are considering earning extra money from an online side gig, try breaking into finance affiliate marketing.
With your financial expertise, you can write investing guides, cryptocurrency tips, and financial management tools in a simpler way to help people plan their future capital. Or, if you want to enter the finance niche but don’t have advanced skills, you can try the personal finance management sub-niche.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 1,200,000
- Top countries – South Korea, India, Canada, United States, Vietnam
- Traffic potential – 6,500,000
- Clicks – 35,000
- Possibility of a longer sales process due to subject matter
Food is an excellent niche for those just getting started with the affiliate marketing program. Although there are many established food blogs already, there are smaller food sub-niches you can choose from to avoid intense competition in mainstream food niches. Not only is it always trending, but food is also a lucrative niche.
Home cooking and plant-based food have become more prevalent in the past two years as people are more aware of their health. Moreover, people are now paying attention to sustainability and climate change issues. Therefore, they’re looking for alternatives like healthy plant-based ingredients.
You can target sub-niches like vegetarian or diet food on your website by writing articles or creating videos. Content like food reviews and recipes record high engagement on social media platforms.
You do not need to have advanced skills to start food blogging. However, having expertise can help you get more opportunities like a partnership.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 22,000,000
- Top countries – United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, India
- Traffic potential – 6,500,000
- Clicks – 5,000,000
- One of the most competitive affiliate marketing niches, as there are a lot of influential names in the market already
Hobby niches make an excellent option for affiliate marketing, and that includes gardening as well. Gardening accounts for almost 8% of all affiliate marketing programs. Particularly, with remote work culture, people are looking for new activities they can do at home. Some want to add more harmony to their homes by planting flowers, while others might be more interested in growing healthy food ingredients at home.
Depending on your interests, you can cover a broader category or a smaller sub-niche like hydroponic gardening, flowers, and gardening tools.
Some websites offer affiliate programs you can join, and you can write tutorials about current trends or articles where you promote affiliate products.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 266,000
- Top countries – United States, India, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Philippines
- Traffic potential – 3,400
- Clicks – 44,000
- You will need sufficient gardening knowledge, and it’s one of the more expensive affiliate niches
11. Beauty and Cosmetics
Beauty and cosmetics is another mainstream niche that makes a perfect choice for beginner affiliate marketers, especially when you’re interested in skincare or makeup products. You can choose an area of specialty from popular to local brands and define your target audience.
You can find a lot of influencers promoting beauty and cosmetics products online, as it’s one of the most lucrative affiliate niches. With the beauty and cosmetics niche, customers will likely compare makeup brands and beauty products for their needs before buying one. For this reason, they will turn to influencers to get recommendations and see if a product works as it claims.
With many popular topics in such an evergreen niche, you can cover hair care tips, makeup tutorials, and skincare routines on your page. Alternatively, you can choose a wide-ranging niche.
Various products in a general category can help you target different age groups and personas and increase potential link clicks.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 841,000 (“beauty”), 172,000 (“cosmetics”)
- Top countries – United States, India, Turkey, Philippines, United Kingdom
- Traffic potential – 400 (“beauty”), 569,000 (“cosmetics”)
- Clicks – 105,000 (“beauty”), 19,000 (“cosmetics”)
- The competition in the beauty industry is very high and will require extensive research to become a well versed affiliate marketer
Another profitable hobby niche you can try is art. Not only is it a hobby, but the arts can also help with personal care and relaxation, making it a popular activity to do at home.
When you have expertise in art making, you can try covering topics like art supplies and painting on your website to help customers find the right tools, or you can try promoting art classes from popular eLearning platforms. For example, Skillshare offers an affiliate program with quite a high commission.
As it is a creative niche, you can showcase your art skills through your own creations. In short, the art niche lets you get involved in your passionate hobby while educating people and earning revenue through various affiliate marketing programs.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 1,600,000
- Top countries – United States, India, United Kingdom, Philippines, Brazil
- Traffic potential – 183,000
- Clicks – 145,000
- It can be a complex and laborious niche to get into due to the subjective nature of the topic matter and some affiliate programs being somewhat vague about their requirements
Pet owners spend a lot of money on food, accessories, medicine, and toys required for pet care. Therefore, there are many opportunities for you to make money in the pet niche. Also, other pet owners will find you more trustworthy if you’re a pet owner yourself.
You can choose from pet affiliate marketing programs such as Hepper Modern Cat Furniture, Petco Supplies, and Brain Traning for Dogs, which offer up to 75% commission. As many pet affiliate marketing programs are available, you need to choose programs that provide high commissions carefully.
Also, consider which sub-niches you want to target on your website. Additionally, pet content is popular on social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok to generate more traffic to your website.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 724,000
- Top countries – United States, Brazil, India, Italy, Mexico
- Traffic potential – 2,600,000
- Clicks – 37,000
- It can get expensive, especially if you want to focus on several sub-topics regarding pet care
People love sports for entertainment, exercise, or potentially career purposes. With international sports events, people have become more aware of the many types of athletics out there. This niche is especially perfect for those who want to gain profit through hobbies or sports experts.
You can choose a smaller sports sub-niche depending on your interests and hobbies. For example, you can blog about your favorite soccer team and promote team kits, special edition shoes and apparel, and merchandise.
Aside from that, you can write equipment reviews, sports betting, articles, or exercise tips for sports like golf or basketball. Also, famous brands like Nike, Under Armour, and GoPro offer affiliate programs with distinct benefits you can choose from.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 2,600,000
- Top countries – Brazil, Slovakia, France, United Kingdom, Romania
- Traffic potential – 2,100
- Clicks – 52,000
- Quite challenging to scale as each sports sub-niche is vastly different in terms of potential
You can try luxury items if you want a niche with lower competition. The target market for the luxury niche might not be as large due to the product pricing, but you have the opportunity to gain a bigger commission from luxury goods. If you get a referral, you can earn as high as in mainstream niches since the product price is higher.
Shopping for luxury is not a need but an experience for most people. Therefore, they’re willing to pay large sums of money for more. There are various luxury brands worldwide. Thus you can cover anything from accessories and jewelry to sports cars or the luxury lifestyle in general. However, you will need to analyze and create proper strategies to attract the right segments.
- Monthly global Google search volume – 352,000
- Top countries – United States, India, Vietnam, United Kingdom, Japan
- Traffic potential – 1,100
- Clicks – 15,000
- Smaller target audience
- As to be expected, it will require a higher budget for content
Why Should You Focus on a Specific Niche for Affiliate Marketing?
Focusing on a specific niche can benefit you in several ways:
- Defines target audience – with a specific niche, you can target a more segmented audience to convert them to potential customers.
- Improves SEO – ensure customers can find your website quickly by providing quality content within your area of expertise.
- Helps to strategize and plan accordingly – as affiliate marketing has the potential to become a long-term business, you can work with a specific niche to plan content strategy and align it with your business goals.
- Establishes authenticity and expertise – when you work with a specific niche and consistently release content within the same category, customers will find your site reliable, reinforcing your credibility as an expert.